The definition of dignified is having or showing worth, nobility or self respect.
An example of a dignified person is someone who always acts politely and minds her manners in a difficult situation.
Having or expressing dignity.
(comparative more dignified, superlative most dignified)
- simple past tense and past participle of dignify
- Leo was dignified in appearance and elegant in speech, manners and writing.
- Isolated enterprises somewhat of the character of a Crusade, but hardly serious enough to be dignified by that name, recur during the 14th century.
- Normale in Paris in a dignified and important post.
- The architectural style is dignified and pleasing in design and proportions.
- The ex-sultan was conveyed into dignified captivity at Salonica.