- simple past tense and past participle of glorify
- They sang hymns that glorified God.
(comparative more glorified, superlative most glorified)
- transformed into something glorious (often used sarcastically)
- Her teaching degree was little more than a glorified babysitting course.
- 1959 Andrew Gray, "A treatise on gyrostatics and rotational motion"
- 1986 Roy Lubove, "The Struggle for Social Security, 1900-1935"
- Voluntary thrift, embodied in industrial insurance, nurtured character, but social insurance was merely a glorified form of poor law legislation.
- 2004 Lloyd Manning Wells, "From Anzio to the Alps: an American soldier's story"