- made in low relief; embossed
- having a napped surface, or having the pile cut with a design in relief: said of fabric
- leavened with yeast rather than baking powder or soda
- An example of raised is a lump on someone's head caused by bumping it.
- An example of raised is a shaped loaf of bread dough.
The definition of raised is something sticking up above a flat surface, or a dough that gets bigger and lighter with the use of yeast.
- Projecting from a flat background; in relief; embossed: a raised design.
- Made light and high by yeast or other leaven.
- Simple past tense and past participle of raise.
- He raised his brows.
- He stepped back and raised his hands.
- She raised her eyebrows.
- She raised her head and looked me in the eye.
- I have his "Jungle-Book" in raised print, and what a splendid, refreshing book it is!