A bulls-eye is an example of an aim.
An example of aim is to point an arrow at a target.
An example of aim is to try to save enough money for a new car.
Aim for a better education.
The historical society is aiming to restore the town hall.
My aim was to try to make him laugh.
The publicity campaign was aimed at improving the eating habits of children.
We aimed at full victory.
My number one aim in life is to make money to make my parents, siblings and kids happy.
- To aim a weapon or object to be propelled.
- To direct criticism or one's attention at something.
- to point a weapon, as by viewing along a sight at a target
- to direct a missile, blow, etc.
Origin of aim
- Middle English aimen from Old French esmer to estimate (from Latin aestimāre) and from Old French aesmer (from Vulgar Latin ad estimāre) (Latin ad- ad-) (Latin aestimāre to estimate)
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition