- Wreckage is the remaining parts of something that has been badly damaged or destroyed.
The scattered debris and plane parts after a devastating air crash is an example of wreckage.
wreckage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a wrecking or being wrecked
- the remains of something that has been wrecked
wreckage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of wrecking or the state of being wrecked.
- Something wrecked.
- The debris of something wrecked.