- a person or thing that wrecks
- a person who causes ruin, obstruction, or disruption of any kind; specif., a person using false lights, etc. to lead ships to destruction in order to plunder the wreckage
- a person, car, train, boat, etc. that salvages or clears away wrecks; specif., a truck equipped to tow away wrecked or disabled automobiles
- a person or business that demolishes or dismantles old buildings, motor vehicles, etc., salvaging usable materials and parts: house wrecker, auto wrecker
See wrecker in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that wrecks or destroys: a wrecker of dreams.
a. One who is in the business of demolishing old buildings.
b. One who dismantles cars for salvage.
a. A person, vehicle, or piece of equipment employed in recovering or removing wrecks, especially a truck with a hoist and towing apparatus used in towing disabled or wrecked vehicles.
b. One that salvages wrecked cargo or parts.
a. One who lures a vessel to destruction, as by a display of lights on a rocky coastline, in order to plunder it.
b. A plunderer.
Learn more about wrecker