- plural form of wreath
- The children hung wreaths on all the doors.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of wreath
- The cemetery attendand wreaths the graves regularly.
- A ring of smoke wreaths the building.
Variant of wreath
- a twisted band or ring of leaves, flowers, etc.; esp.,
- a chaplet worn as a mark of honor or victory
- a garland laid upon a grave or hung on a door, window, etc.
- something suggesting this in shape; twisted or circular band: wreaths of smoke
Origin of wreathMiddle English wrethe ; from Old English writha, a ring, a twisted band ; from writhan, to twist: see writhe