- Present participle of wreath.
- The motion or pattern of something that wreaths.
Variant of wreathe
transitive verbwreathed, wreathing
- to coil, twist, or entwine, esp. so as to form into a wreath
- to coil, twist, or entwine around; encircle: clouds wreathed the mountains
- to decorate with wreaths
- to cover or envelop: a face wreathed in smiles
Origin of wreatheEarly Modern English back-formation ; from Middle English wrethen, past participle of writhen, writhe; in later use ; from wreath
- to move with a twisting or coiling motion
- to have or take the form of a wreath