Variant of snake
- any of a limbless suborder (Serpentes, order Squamata) of reptiles with an elongated, scaly body, lidless eyes, and a tapering tail: some species have a poisonous bite
- a treacherous or deceitful person
- a plumber's tool consisting of a long, flexible rod of spiraled wire for removing obstructions from pipes, etc.
Origin of snakeMiddle English ; from Old English snaca, akin to Old Norse snakr, Middle Low German snake: for Indo-European base see snail
- to clear obstructions from (a pipe, drain, etc.) by means of a snake ()
- ☆ Informal to drag or pull, esp. lengthwise and with force
- Informal to pull quickly