Variant of twine
- strong thread, string, or cord of two or more strands twisted together
- a twining or being twined
- a twined thing or part; twist; convolution
- a tangle; snarl
- a twining branch or spray of a plant
Origin: Middle English twin ; from Old English twin, twigin, double thread, akin to twegen, twain
transitive verb twined, twining
- to twist together; intertwine; interlace
- to form by twisting, intertwining, or interlacing
- to encircle or wreathe (one thing) with another
- to wind (something) around something else
- to enfold, embrace, etc.: a wreath twining his brow
Origin: ME twinen < the n.
- to twist, interlace, etc.
- to twist and turn