- The definition of a festoon is a wreath or curved string of leaves or flowers, or something in such a shape.
An example of a festoon is a layer of garland on a Christmas tree.
- Festoon is defined as to make wreaths or curved strings of leaves or flowers, or to decorate with such shaped objects.
An example of festoon is to place garland in a circle around candles on a table.
Festoon of evergreens for Christmas.
festoon definition by Webster's New World
- a wreath or garland of flowers, leaves, paper, etc. hanging in a loop or curve
- any carved or molded decoration resembling this, as on furniture
Origin: French feston ; from Italian festone ; from festa ; from VL: see feast
- to adorn or hang with festoons
- to form into a festoon or festoons
- to join by festoons
festoon definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A string or garland, as of leaves or flowers, suspended in a loop or curve between two points.
- A representation of such a string or garland, as in painting or sculpture.
- To decorate with or as if with festoons; hang festoons on.
- To form or make into festoons.
Origin: French feston, from Italian festone, from festa, feast, from Vulgar Latin *fēsta; see feast.
festoon - Medical Definition