- the remains of a wrecked ship; wreckage
- the loss or destruction of a ship through storm, collision, going aground, etc.
- any ruin, failure, or destruction
- to cause to undergo shipwreck
- to cause, as a result of a shipwreck, to be stranded in some desolate place, as a desert island
- to destroy, ruin, or wreck
- a. The destruction of a ship, as by storm or collision.b. The remains of a wrecked ship.
- A complete failure or ruin.
transitive verbship·wrecked, ship·wreck·ing, ship·wrecks
- a. To cause a ship to be destroyed, as by storm or collision.b. To cause (a passenger or sailor on a ship) to suffer shipwreck.
- To ruin utterly.
(third-person singular simple present shipwrecks, present participle shipwrecking, simple past and past participle shipwrecked)