- the remains of a wrecked ship; wreckage
- the loss or destruction of a ship through storm, collision, going aground, etc.
- any ruin, failure, or destruction
- to cause to undergo shipwreck
- to destroy, ruin, or wreck
- to maroon
See shipwreck in American Heritage Dictionary 4
transitive verb ship·wrecked
a. The destruction of a ship, as by storm or collision.
b. The remains of a wrecked ship.
- A complete failure or ruin.
a. To cause a ship to be destroyed, as by storm or collision.
b. To cause (a passenger or sailor on a ship) to suffer shipwreck.
- To ruin utterly.
Learn more about shipwreck