castaway [kas′tə wā′]
- a person or thing cast out or off, esp. an outcast
- a shipwrecked person
- thrown away; discarded
- cast adrift or stranded, as by shipwreck
- Cast adrift or ashore; shipwrecked.
- Discarded; thrown away.
- A shipwrecked person.
- A rejected or discarded person or thing.
- Cast adrift or ashore; marooned.
- After the mutiny, the castaway ship's officers suffered a month at sea in the lifeboat.
- The storm left them castaway on an uninhabited island.
- (nautical) A shipwrecked sailor.
- Robinson Crusoe was a famous fictional castaway.
- A discarded person or thing.
- This old coat was a castaway in someone's trash.
- An outcast; someone cast out of a group or society.
- These homeless people are society's castaways.
How would you define castaway? Add your definition here.
comments powered by