- a wrecking or being wrecked
- the remains of something that has been wrecked
Wreckage is the remaining parts of something that has been badly damaged or destroyed.
The scattered debris and plane parts after a devastating air crash is an example of wreckage.
The debris or remains of something wrecked: the wreckage of a plane crash; flood wreckage.
- Click to see some rather poignant pictures of the wreckage surrounding the place.
- Eyewitness reports state that Barker and AM were both on fire as they ran from the wreckage.
- Recently, a group of bottles was recovered from the wreckage of a ship that sank 200 years ago.
- Because one of the peripheral kingdoms that rise up in the wreckage of the empire is overtaken by a rogue - a ruler who can telepathically alter the minds and loyalties of people he comes into contact with.
- On the next lap, most of the barrier wreckage was in the middle of the road and I hit it again…and again…and again… Okay, maybe it wasn't funny now, but you had to be there.