- The definition of a workshop is a room or building where work is performed, or a seminar or group of meetings and discussions in a particular field.
- An example of a workshop is a carpentry studio.
- An example of a workshop is a writing program where participants meet frequently and craft poetry.
- a room or building where work, as home repairs or light manufacturing, is done
- a seminar or series of meetings for intensive study, work, discussion, etc. in some field
- A room, area, or small establishment where manual or light industrial work is done.
- An educational seminar or series of meetings emphasizing interaction and exchange of information among a usually small number of participants: a creative writing workshop.
transitive verbwork·shopped, work·shop·ping, work·shops
To create or revise (a drama or literary work) based on suggestions or criticism from a group of collaborators.
(third-person singular simple present workshops, present participle workshopping, simple past and past participle workshopped)