- The definition of a seminar is a class at a college or university, or is a formal meeting where discussion takes place.
A writing class where you attend and get feedback on your work is an example of a seminar.
People attending a seminar.
- a group of supervised students doing research or advanced study, as at a university
- a course for such a group, or any of its sessions
- the room where the group meets
- any similar group discussion
Origin of seminarGerman ; from Classical Latin seminarium: see seminary
- a. A course of study for a small group of students in a college or graduate school, often entailing research under the guidance of a professor.b. The group of students in such a course.c. A scheduled meeting of such a group.
- A meeting for an exchange of ideas; a conference.
Origin of seminarGerman, from Latin sēminārium, seed plot; see seminary.
- marines, Marines