- a sheet of paper on which a record of work, working time, etc. is kept
- a sheet of paper printed with practice exercises, problems, etc., to be worked on directly by students
- a sheet of paper containing working notes, preliminary formulations, etc.
- A form used for calculating, comparing, or analyzing data.
- A form with questions or exercises for students.
- A spreadsheet.
- A sheet of paper used for preliminary notes or computations.
If written as either "work-sheet" or "work sheet" it will be considered incorrect by most. See the US Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs' Office of English Language Programs' English Teaching Forum's Style Sheet for more information.