- The definition of tony is slang and means stylish or luxurious.
An example of something tony is a brand new luxury vehicle.
- Tony is a man's name, or a Tony is an award given annually in the U.S. for special achievements in the theater.
- An example of Tony is a nickname for Anthony.
- An example of a Tony is an award for best theater actor.
a masculine name
adjectiveton·i·er, ton·i·est Informal
Marked by an elegant or exclusive manner or quality: a tony country club.
Origin of tonyFrom tone.
A trademark for an award presented by the American Theatre Wing for excellence in the production and creation of Broadway shows.
(comparative tonier, superlative toniest)
tone (“to utter with an affected tone") +"Ž -y
- (archaic) A simpleton.
From the name Tony.
- TonyÂ® is the registered trademark of the American Theatre Wing, Inc.