- The definition of tony is slang and means stylish or luxurious.
An example of something tony is a brand new luxury vehicle.
- Tony is a man's name, or a Tony is an award given annually in the U.S. for special achievements in the theater.
- An example of Tony is a nickname for Anthony.
- An example of a Tony is an award for best theater actor.
a masculine name
adjectiveton·i·er, ton·i·est Informal
Marked by an elegant or exclusive manner or quality: a tony country club.
Origin of tonyFrom tone.
A trademark for an award presented by the American Theatre Wing for excellence in the production and creation of Broadway shows.
(comparative tonier, superlative toniest)
tone (â€œto utter with an affected toneâ€) +â€Ž -y
- (archaic) A simpleton.
From the name Tony.
- TonyÂ® is the registered trademark of the American Theatre Wing, Inc.