- The definition of tony is slang and means stylish or luxurious.
An example of something tony is a brand new luxury vehicle.
- Tony is a man's name, or a Tony is an award given annually in the U.S. for special achievements in the theater.
- An example of Tony is a nickname for Anthony.
- An example of a Tony is an award for best theater actor.
adjectiveton·i·er, ton·i·est Informal
Origin of tonyFrom tone.
(comparative tonier, superlative toniest)
- (archaic) A simpleton.
From the name Tony.
- Tony® is the registered trademark of the American Theatre Wing, Inc.