- The definition of fashionable is something that is in style.
In the 1970s, bell bottom jeans were an example of something that would be described as fashionable.
This outfit would have been fasionable in the 1970's.
- following the current style; in fashion; stylish
- of, characteristic of, or used by people who follow the current fashion
- a. Conforming to the current styles or trends; stylish: a fashionable wardrobe.b. Adopting or setting current styles or trends: a fashionable artist.
- Associated with or frequented by stylish or trend-setting people: a fashionable hotel.
- fash′ion·a·bil·i·ty, fash′ion·a·ble·ness
(comparative more fashionable, superlative most fashionable)
- A fashionable person; a fop