This outfit would have been fasionable in the 1970's.
In the 1970s, bell bottom jeans were an example of something that would be described as fashionable.
- following the current style; in fashion; stylish
- of, characteristic of, or used by people who follow the current fashion
- a. Conforming to the current styles or trends; stylish: a fashionable wardrobe.b. Adopting or setting current styles or trends: a fashionable artist.
- Associated with or frequented by stylish or trend-setting people: a fashionable hotel.
- fash′ion·a·bil·i·ty, fash′ion·a·ble·ness
(comparative more fashionable, superlative most fashionable)
- A fashionable person; a fop