- Jane Seymour is an example of a classy woman.
- Sending thank you cards is an example of a classy activity.
The definition of classy is a person or thing that has a lot of style and elegance.
Informal first-class, esp. in style or manner; elegant; fine
adjectiveclass·i·er, class·i·est Informal
Highly stylish; elegant.
(comparative classier, superlative classiest)
- Elegant, highly stylish or fashionable.
- That's a very classy outfit.
- (Ironic) Showy; tasteless; trying unsuccessfully to demonstrate taste.
- He gave us a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau with a gold label - really classy.
- Of a superior type; especially, exhibiting admirable personal qualities.
- That was a classy response.
class + -y