- Jane Seymour is an example of a classy woman.
- Sending thank you cards is an example of a classy activity.
The definition of classy is a person or thing that has a lot of style and elegance.
adjectiveclass·i·er, class·i·est Informal
Highly stylish; elegant.
(comparative classier, superlative classiest)
- Elegant, highly stylish or fashionable.
- That's a very classy outfit.
- (Ironic) Showy; tasteless; trying unsuccessfully to demonstrate taste.
- He gave us a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau with a gold label - really classy.
- Of a superior type; especially, exhibiting admirable personal qualities.
- That was a classy response.
class + -y
- While GT and Jax specializes in all things classy and formal, Rollin Rita's is casual fun for kids, family reunions, company picnics and anything else you can dream up as a reason to play outside.
- In a city where finding classy, affordable lodging with a New York City hotel can be challenging and where nightly rates can vary from hundreds to thousands, the Skyline Hotel is affordable, clean, and devoted to customer service.
- Harding), scandalous thespians (Fatty Arbuckle), British invading rock bands (The Beatles), classy pop singers who leave their hearts (Tony Bennett), and eye-raising organic farming British royalty (Prince Charles with Camilla).
- Men's World Time Watch: Already coveted by collectors, this exclusive 2009 emblematic complication model boasts a classy white or yellow gold case with a hand-crafted cloisonné enamel dial showing a realistic Europe/Asia map.
- If you're looking for classy window treatments at an affordable price, you need to look for the Martha Stewart Living line of home accessories that includes drapery panels and sheer curtains at affordable prices.