(t̸hʉr′ō bred′, t̸hʉr′ə-)
- purebred; pedigreed: said as of a horse or a dog
- thoroughly trained, educated, cultured, etc.; well-bred
- excellent; first-rate
- any of a breed of light horse developed by crossing Arabian and Turkish stallions with English mares: it is bred primarily for racing
- a cultured, well-bred person
See thoroughbred in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A purebred or pedigreed animal, especially a horse.
- Thoroughbred Any of a breed of horses, bred chiefly for racing, originating from a cross between Arabian stallions and English mares.
- A well-bred person.
- Bred of pure stock; purebred.
- Thoroughbred Relating or belonging to horses of the Thoroughbred.
- Thoroughly trained or educated; well bred.
Learn more about thoroughbred