This horse has been bred to produce this foal.
- An example of bred is to have given birth to a baby.
- An example of bred is to have mated a race horse.
The definition of bred means to have made an offspring.
Past tense and past participle of breed
- simple past tense and past participle of breed
- The former, bred in the tradition of the Napoleonic battle, looked for the decision only from the employment of "masses"; the latter, trained with the breech-loader and without war experience, expected to decide battles by infantry fire only.
- Cattle and horses are bred and wild deer are still found.
- All manner of breeds of dogs, cats, cows, and horses are bred in similar ways.
- Ideally, she shouldn't be bred until she's four.
- Dromedaries are bred here.