- Generated is defined as produced.
An example of generated is to have created copies of a handout.
- simple past tense and past participle of generate
Variant of generate
transitive verbgenerated, generating
- to produce (offspring); beget; procreate
- to bring into being; cause to be: to generate hope
- to originate or produce by a physical, chemical, mechanical, electronic, or mathematical process: to generate electricity, software that generates graphs
- to produce in great quantities: an office that generates a lot of paperwork
- Geom. to trace out or form ( a curve, plane, or figure) by the motion of a point, line, or plane
Origin of generate; from Classical Latin generatus, past participle of generare, to beget, produce ; from genus (gen. generis): see genus