- The definition of flat out is to move at top speed.
An example of flat out is a sprinter’s run.
- Flat out is defined as something told with complete honesty.
An example of flat out is a gossip’s story that leaves out no details.
- at full speed, with maximum effort, etc.
- absolute; thorough; definite
- In a direct manner; bluntly: told me the truth flat out.
- At top speed: running flat out.
Thoroughgoing; out-and-out: a flat-out promotional campaign; a flat-out deception.
- Alternative form of flat out.