- The definition of a stroll is a leisurely or slow walk.
An example of a stroll is what you take on a warm summer afternoon to enjoy nature.
- Stroll means to take a leisurely or slow walk.
An example of stroll is when you walk down the street slowly, enjoying the day.
A woman takes her dog for a stroll.
stroll definition by Webster's New World
- to walk in an idle, leisurely manner; saunter
- to go from place to place; wander
Origin: Early Modern English strowl, probably ; from Swiss German dialect, dialectal strolen, variant, variety of strolchen, to stroll ; from German strolch, vagabond, rascal, altered ; from Italian astrologo, astrologer
stroll definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb strolled, stroll·ing, strolls verb, intransitive
- To go for a leisurely walk: stroll in the park.
- To travel from place to place seeking work or gain.
Origin: Probably German dialectal strollen, variant of strolchen, from Strolch, fortuneteller, vagabond, perhaps from Italian dialectal strolegh, from Italian astròlogo, astrologer, fortuneteller, from Latin astrologus, astronomer, astrologer, from Greek astrologos; see astrology.