- The definition of astrology is the study of how the position and path of the sun, moon, and stars have a bearing on our lives.
- A horoscope based on where celestial bodies were on the day you were born is an example of astrology.
- The process that Egyptian rulers used to predict the future and to guide their decisions is an example of astrology.
astrology definition by Webster's New World
- Historical primitive astronomy
- a system of methods, theories, etc. based on the assumption that the positions of the moon, sun, and stars affect human affairs and that one can foretell the future by studying the stars, etc.
Origin: Middle English astrologie ; from Classical Latin and amp; Classical Greek astrologia, astronomy, astrology ; from astron, star plush -logia, -logy
astrology definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The study of the positions and aspects of celestial bodies in the belief that they have an influence on the course of natural earthly occurrences and human affairs.
- Obsolete Astronomy.
Origin: Middle English astrologie, from Old French, from Latin astrologia, from Greek astrologiā : astro-, astro- + -logiā, -logy.
- as·trolˈo·ger noun
- asˌtro·logˈi·cal , asˌtro·logˈic adjective
- asˌtro·logˈi·cal·ly adverb