- The definition of scary is something frightening, unexpected or uncanny.
- When you meet someone for the first time and find out you have almost everything in common, this is an example of a time when you might say that it is scary how much you have in common.
- When a movie is frightening, it is an example of a scary movie.
A family watching a scary movie.
- Causing fright or alarm.
- Easily scared; very timid.
(comparative scarier, superlative scariest)
scare +"Ž -y
- Barren land having only a thin coat of grass.
English dialect scare (“scraggy").