- The definition of shivery is someone who is shaking from cold or fear.
An example of someone shivery is a frightened child.
- shivering or inclined to shiver; suffering from cold, fear, etc.
- causing or likely to cause shivering; chilling; terrifying
- Trembling, as from cold or fear.
- Causing shivers; chilling.
(comparative shiverier, superlative shiveriest)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
shiver +"Ž -y