- The definition of tremulous is quivering, timid or nervous.
When you give a quivering and uncertain smile because you are nervous, this is an example of a smile that would be described as tremulous.
tremulous definition by Webster's New World
- trembling; quivering; palpitating
- fearful; timid; timorous
- marked by or showing trembling or quivering: tremulous excitement, tremulous handwriting
Origin: Classical Latin tremulus ; from tremere, to tremble
tremulous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Marked by trembling, quivering, or shaking.
- Timid or fearful; timorous.
Origin: From Latin tremulus, from tremere, to tremble.
- tremˈu·lous·ly adverb
- tremˈu·lous·ness noun
tremulous - Medical Definition
- tremulousness noun