- A scary, deserted old mansion where you think there might be ghosts is an example of a mansion that would be described as spooky.
- A dog that gets scared at everything, even its own shadow, is an example of a dog that would be described as spooky.
- of, like, or suggesting a spook or spooks; weird; eerie
- easily spooked; nervous, apprehensive, fearful, jumpy, etc.
adjectivespook·i·er, spook·i·est Informal
- Suggestive of ghosts or spirits, especially in being eerie or disturbing: a spooky attic.
- Easily startled; skittish: a spooky horse.
(comparative spookier, superlative spookiest)
From spook +"Ž -y