- The definition of spooky is something that is eerie or related to a ghost, or it is a person or animal who is skittish and easily frightened.
- A scary, deserted old mansion where you think there might be ghosts is an example of a mansion that would be described as spooky.
- A dog that gets scared at everything, even its own shadow, is an example of a dog that would be described as spooky.
spooky definition by Webster's New World
spooky definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective spook·i·er, spook·i·est Informal
- Suggestive of ghosts or a ghost; eerie.
- Easily startled; skittish.
- spookˈi·ly adverb
- spookˈi·ness noun