- Consisting of, containing, or abounding in rock or rocks.
- a. Resembling or suggesting rock; firm or hard.b. Steadfast or stubborn; unyielding: her rocky heart.
- Marked by obstructions or difficulties: the rocky road to success.
- Inclined or prone to sway or totter; unsteady or shaky: a rocky coat rack.
- Appearing inclined to fail; discouraging or disappointing: had a rocky start, but managed to succeed.
(comparative rockier or more rocky, superlative rockiest or most rocky)
From rock (â€œto move back and forthâ€) +â€Ž -y.
(comparative rockier, superlative rockiest)
From rock (â€œstoneâ€) +â€Ž -y.