- Covered with or full of bumps: a bumpy country road.
- Marked by bumps and jolts; rough: a bumpy flight.
- For instance, if you're riding a bike outside and you're riding down a bumpy hill, you may find your upper body and core engaging as you push and pull against the handlebars to help you maintain your balance.
- This raft ride goes through a series of wildlife attractions, including a large turtle exhibit, before taking riders on a bumpy ride that culminates in a trip under a waterfall that soaks everyone on board.
- On the other hand, handmade lampwork beads can cost anywhere from 10 cents each for small, basic beads to $40 and up for ornate, bumpy beads that take a lot of time and technique to master.
- It's been a bumpy ride for Gucci, soaring to the heights of Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O and Grace Kelly's closets, only to plummet to the depths of a reputation for tackiness in the 1980s.
- The shuttle envelops your computer entirely, so whether you're cramming your Dell into a book-filled backpack, you can trust that your laptop isn't cracking during a bumpy ride.