- a replacing or being replaced
- a person or thing that takes the place of another, esp. of one that has worn out, broken down, etc.
- a member of the armed forces available for assignment to fill a vacancy or complete a quota; reinforcement
- in crystallography, the replacing of an angle or edge by one face or more
- Geol. the process of very gradual solution and simultaneous deposition by which one kind of mineral is substituted for another
- The act or process of replacing or of being replaced; substitution.
- One that replaces, especially a person assigned to a vacant military position.
- Statistics The act of returning each item that has been selected in a subset from a group before making another selection.
replace +"Ž -ment