An example of a stand-in is an understudy who goes on for the star when the star loses her voice.
- a person who serves as a substitute for a film or television actor or actress as while lights and cameras are being adjusted
- any substitute for another
- One who substitutes for an actor while the lights and camera are adjusted or during hazardous action.
- A substitute.
- A person of similar size and shape to an actor that "stands-in" for the actor during the lengthy process of setting up a shot, who, unlike a double, does not appear in the film.
- They used a stand-in to set up the lighting so that the actor did not have to be there during the lengthy process.
- A substitute
to stand in