- The definition of regional is something related to, taking place in or characteristic of a given geographic location.
An accent shared by people in the Boston area is an example of a regional accent.
- of a whole region, not just a locality
- of some particular region, district, etc.; local; sectional
- regionally adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to a large geographic region.
- Of or relating to a particular region or district.
- Of or affecting a region of the body: regional pain.
- Of or characteristic of a form of a language that is distributed in identifiable geographic areas and differs in pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary from the standard form; dialectal.
- reˈgion·al·ly adverb
regional - Medical Definition