The definition of regional is something related to, taking place in or characteristic of a given geographic location.
An accent shared by people in the Boston area is an example of a regional accent.
- of a whole region, not just a locality
- of some particular region, district, etc.; local; sectional
something extending over or representing a region or regions: a statewide basketball tournament consisting of several regionals
- Of or relating to a large geographic region.
- Of or relating to a particular region or district.
- Of or affecting a region of the body: regional pain.
- Of or characteristic of a form of a language that is distributed in identifiable geographic areas and differs in pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary from the standard form.
Something, such as a magazine or a company branch, that serves a region: “earlier attempts to launch glossy regionals for women” (Business Week).
- Of, or pertaining to, a specific region or district.
- Of, or pertaining to, a large geographic region.
- Of, or pertaining to, one part of the body.
- (Australia) Of a state or other geographic area, those parts which are not metropolitan, but are somewhat densely populated and usually contain a number of significant towns.
- An entity or event with scope limited to a single region.