- The definition of regional is something related to, taking place in or characteristic of a given geographic location.
An accent shared by people in the Boston area is an example of a regional accent.
regional definition by Webster's New World
- of a whole region, not just a locality
- of some particular region, district, etc.; local; sectional
something extending over or representing a region or regions: a statewide basketball tournament consisting of several regionals
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- regionally adverb
regional definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to a large geographic region.
- Of or relating to a particular region or district.
- Of or affecting a region of the body: regional pain.
- Of or characteristic of a form of a language that is distributed in identifiable geographic areas and differs in pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary from the standard form; dialectal.
Something, such as a magazine or a company branch, that serves a region: “earlier attempts to launch glossy regionals for women” (Business Week).
- reˈgion·al·ly adverb
regional - Medical Definition
Of or affecting a region of the body.