- The definition of territorial is being defensive of your area.
An example of a territorial creature is a cat that hisses every time someone goes near her favorite couch.
- Territorial means of a specific land, district or area.
An example of something territorial is a specific county.
- Territorial is defined as a member of a home defensive force, particularly of the Territorial Army of Britain.
An example of a territorial is a member of a regional group for home defense for the British national defense system.
- of territory or land
- of, belonging to, or limited to a specific territory, district, or jurisdictional area: territorial waters
- ⌂ of a Territory or Territories
- organized in regional groups for home defense: the Territorial Army of Great Britain
- Zool. characterized by or displaying territoriality
Origin of territorialLate Latin territorialis
- a member of a territorial force
- a member of the British Territorial Army
- Of or relating to the geographic area under a given jurisdiction: the territorial limits of a country.
- Relating or restricted to a particular territory; regional: a territorial court.
- often Territorial Of or relating to an administrative territory: the territorial government of the US Virgin Islands; Whitehorse, the territorial capital of the Yukon.
- often Territorial Organized for national or home defense: the British Territorial Army.
- Biology Displaying territoriality; defending a territory from intruders: territorial behavior; a territorial species.
- a non-professional member of a Territorial Army