The chef's prowess in the kitchen is admired by the regular patrons at the restaurant.
- An example of prowess is a brave soldier.
- An example of prowess is an excellent chef.
Prowess is defined as courage or skill.
- bravery; valor
- superior ability, skill, etc.
Origin of prowessMiddle English from Old French prouesse from prou: see prow
- Superior skill or ability.
- Superior strength, courage, or daring, especially in battle.
Origin of prowessMiddle English prowesse from Old French proesse from prud, prou brave ; see proud .
(countable and uncountable, plural prowesses)
From Old French proeche (Modern French: prouesse)