- The definition of bravery means courage.
When you run into a burning building to save a friend, this is an example of bravery.
bravery definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality of being brave; courage; valor
- fine appearance, show, or dress; showiness
Origin: French braverie, gallantry, splendor ; from brave
bravery definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. brav·er·ies
- The condition or quality of being brave; courage.
- Splendor or magnificence; show.