Pervert is defined as to turn away from what is right or proper.verb
An example of pervert is to turn a fairy tale into a sick and twisted story.
The definition of a pervert is a person with abnormal sexual behavior.noun
An example of a pervert is someone who peeks into his or her neighbor's bathroom.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to cause to turn from what is considered right, good, or true; misdirect; lead astray; corrupt
- to turn to an improper use; misuse
- to change or misapply the meaning of; misinterpret; distort; twist
- to bring into a worse condition; debase
Origin: ME perverten < OFr pervertir < L pervertere, to overturn, corrupt < per-, intens. + vertere, to turn: see verse
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb per·vert·ed, per·vert·ing, per·verts
- To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; corrupt.
- To bring to a bad or worse condition; debase.
- To put to a wrong or improper use; misuse. See Synonyms at corrupt.
- To interpret incorrectly; misconstrue or distort: an analysis that perverts the meaning of the poem.
Origin: Middle English perverten, from Old French pervertir, from Latin pervertere : per-, per- + vertere, to turn; see wer-2 in Indo-European roots.
- per·vertˈer noun
- per·vertˈi·ble adjective