perversion[pər vʉr′z̸hən, -s̸hən]
perversion definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a perverting or being perverted
- something perverted; abnormal form
- any of various sexual acts or practices deviating from what is considered normal; sexual deviation
Origin: Middle English peruersion ; from Classical Latin perversio ; from past participle of pervertere
perversion definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. The act of perverting.b. The state of being perverted.
- A sexual practice or act considered abnormal or deviant.
- per·verˈsive adjective
perversion - Medical Definition
A practice or act, especially one that is sexual in nature, considered abnormal or deviant.