- Degradation is defined as the state of being lowered down in respect, status or condition.
When a person has become disrespected and is looked down upon, this is an example of degradation.
- a degrading or being degraded in rank, status, or condition
- a degraded condition
- Geol. the lowering of land surfaces by erosion
- R.C.Ch. laicization of a cleric, imposed as a penalty
Origin: French dégradation ; from Late Latin degradatio; from degradare: see degrade
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or process of degrading.
- The state of being degraded; degeneration.
- A decline to a lower condition, quality, or level.
- Geology A general lowering of the earth's surface by erosion or weathering.
- Chemistry Decomposition of a compound by stages, exhibiting well-defined intermediate products.
- Computer Science The state in which a computer operates when some of its memory or peripherals are not available.
- degˈra·daˌtive adjective
degradation - Medical Definition