- a departure from what is right, true, correct, etc.
- a deviation from the normal or the typical
- mental disorder or lapse
- Astron. a small, periodic apparent change in the observed position of a celestial object, caused by the constantly changing position of the earth and the finite speed of the object's light
- the failure of light rays from one point to converge at a single focus
- a fault in a lens or mirror causing such failure
Origin of aberrationClassical Latin abberatio from aberrare: see aberrant