- to represent falsely; give an untrue or misleading idea of
- to be an improper or bad representative of
transitive verbmis·rep·re·sent·ed, mis·rep·re·sent·ing, mis·rep·re·sents
- To give an incorrect or misleading representation of.
- To serve incorrectly or dishonestly as an official representative of.
(third-person singular simple present misrepresents, present participle misrepresenting, simple past and past participle misrepresented)
- To represent falsely; to inaccurately portray something.
mis- +"Ž represent