To pamper is to spoil or indulge.verb
An example of pamper is when you spoil your child and cater to his or her every whim and need.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- Obsolete to feed too much; gratify to excess; glut
- to be overindulgent with; give in easily to the wishes of; coddle: to pamper a child
Origin: ME pampren < LowG source, akin to Fl pampren in the same sense
- pamperer noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb pam·pered, pam·per·ing, pam·pers
- To treat with excessive indulgence: pampered their child.
- To give in to; gratify: He pampered his ambition for wealth and fame.
- Archaic To indulge with rich food; glut.
Origin: Middle English pamperen, probably of Low German origin.
- pamˈper·er noun