- N is the fourteenth letter in the English alphabet.
An example of n is the first letter in the word "natural."
The letter N.
n., definition by Webster's New World
- the fourteenth letter of the English alphabet: from the Greek nu, a borrowing from the Phoenician
- any of the speech sounds that this letter represents, as, in English, the (n) of night
- a type or impression for n or N
- the fourteenth in a sequence or group
- Printing an en (half an em)
- an object shaped like
- of n or N
- fourteenth in a sequence or group
- shaped like
Origin: Classical Latin natusborn
- Math. indefinite number
- Physics neutron
- Chess knight
- neutral (on automotive automatic-shift indicators)
- Avogadro constant: often written N
- Chem. nitrogen
n., definition by American Heritage Dictionary
or Nnoun pl. N's n's or N's also ns or Ns
- The 14th letter of the modern English alphabet.
- Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter n.
- The 14th in a series.
- Something shaped like the letter N.
- Grammar neuter
- also N Chemistry normal
- Printing en
- knight (chess)
- needs improvement
- a. northb. northern
- Latin natus (born)
- Business net
or 'nconjunction Informal
n., - Computer Definition
One billionth (10 -9 , or 1 / 1,000,000,000 ). A nanometer, or one-billionth of a meter, is the measurement of an optical wavelength.
In mathematics, an indefinite whole number. In telecommunications, for example, N
n., - Investment & Finance Definition
n., - Medical Definition
n., - Science Definition
Variant of cosy