- The definition of a moron is someone very stupid or foolish.
An extremely dumb person is an example of a moron.
moron definition by Webster's New World
- a retarded person mentally equal to a child between eight and twelve years old: an obsolescent term
- a very foolish or stupid person
Origin: arbitrary use (by H. H. Goddard, 1866-1957, United States psychologist) of Classical Greek mōron, neuter of mōros, foolish, akin to Sanskrit mūrá-, stupid
moron definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A stupid person; a dolt.
- Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
Origin: From Greek mōron, neuter of mōros, stupid, foolish.
- mo·ronˈic adjective
- mo·ronˈi·cal·ly adverb
- moˈronˌism, mo·ronˈi·ty noun
moron - Medical Definition
- moronic adjective
- moronism, mo·ronˈi·ty noun