- Folklore a child secretly exchanged for another by fairies
- Archaic a changeable person; turncoat
- Archaic a feeble-minded person
- A child secretly exchanged for another.
- Archaic A changeable, fickle person.
- Obsolete A person of deficient intelligence.
- (mythology) In British, Irish and Scandinavian mythology, an infant of a fairy, sprite or troll that the creature has secretly exchanged for a human infant.
- (informal, rare) An infant secretly exchanged with another infant.
- (science fiction and fantasy) An organism which can change shape to mimic others.
change + -ling