Two scientist working in their laboratory.
- The definition of a scientist is a person who is an expert in one of the natural or physical sciences.
- An example of a scientist was Marie Curie.
- An example of a famous scientist from Vietnam is Tuan Vo-Dinh who created a variety of methods that allow for the discovery of diseases in the body without having to use biopsies.
- An example of a famous Hispanic scientist was Carlos Finlay, a lead researcher of yellow fever who discovered that the disease was carried by mosquitoes.
A person who is engaged in and has expert knowledge of a science, especially a biological or physical science.
- One whose activities make use of the scientific method to answer questions regarding the measurable universe. A scientist may be involved in original research, or make use of the results of the research of others.
Variant of scientist