- The definition of moody is someone who experiences wild shifts in emotions, often from happy to sad or nice to mean quickly or without reason.
A person who has good moods and bad moods all the time is an example of someone who would be described as moody.
- Moody, Dwight Lyman 1837-99; U.S. Christian evangelist
- Moody, William Vaughn 1869-1910; U.S. poet & playwright
- Given to frequent changes of mood; temperamental.
- Subject to periods of depression; sulky.
- Expressive of a mood, especially a sullen or gloomy mood: a moody silence.
(comparative moodier, superlative moodiest)
- A surname.