- position with regard to surrounding objects, landmarks, etc.: a sense of locality
- a place; district; neighborhood
Origin of localityFrench localité from Late Latin localitis: see local
- A particular neighborhood, place, or district: “Localities, even individual villages, developed their own languages” ( Wall Street Journal )
- The fact or quality of having position in space.
Origin of localityFrench localité from Late Latin locālitās from locālis local ; see local .
- The fact or quality of having a position in space.
- plural The features or surroundings of a particular place.
- The situation or position of an object.
- An area or district considered as the site of certain activities; a neighbourhood.
- Limitation to a county, district, or place.
- locality of trial
- (dated, phrenology) The perceptive faculty concerned with the ability to remember the relative positions of places.
From Latin localitas.